Lymington Town Trail
A shorter walk packed full of local history
Visit St Barbe museum, the modern day quay and the bustling high street. See yachts moored in the harbour, the sea water baths and fine coastal views. The Isle of Wight is accessible from Lymington with a ferry to Yarmouth. Sailing has a rich history in this seaside town which continues today with events such as the Royal Lymington Cup.
There’s plenty to keep you interested and entertained in this thriving market town. This is part of the Rail Trail series of walks from the Lymington-Brockenhurst branch line.
- Start/finish: Lymington Town Railway Station, SO41 9AU
- Ordnance Survey map: Explorer OL 22 New Forest
- Getting there: Take the train from Brockenhurst to Lymington Town
- Distance: 2 miles (3.2 km)
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Local facilities: Public toilets in Lymington, near St Barbe Museum. Train and bus transport to start of walk
- Accessibility: Easy walk along level ground
- Round the town
A shorter walk packed full of the history of Lymington.
Download our walking app
Our free walking app features points of interest and photographs.
New Forest code
Please be aware of the New Forest Code when walking in the National Park.