Skip to main content
close x

How enforcement works

After you contact us we will investigate whether a breach of planning control has taken place.

We will work with the ‘offender’ to see if the development/use can be stopped or if there is a possibility that planning permission might be granted.

Where there is insufficient evidence or no breach is found we will let you know that no action will be taken.

Where a breach has occurred, we will gather enough evidence to be satisfied that formal action is justified.

Finally, we will decide whether it is appropriate to take formal enforcement action based on government and local policy.

More New Forest Enforcement: report a breach

In this section you can find out what a planning breach is and learn about enforcement.

Newsletter Image





Six free walking routes when you sign up for New Forest Newsletter

Subscribe to New Forest National Park Authority

By entering your email below you are consenting to us sending you newsletters. To unsubscribe, email More info:

I think you mistyped your email
Your interests (tick at least one)

Please select one

By signing up to this form you are consenting to receive emails from us. Each email will contain a link to your personal reference settings where you can opt-out or change which emails you receive from us. Please read our Privacy Policy for more information about how we use data.

Subscribe to New Forest National Park Authority

Thanks, your subscription has been confirmed. You've been added to our list and your New Forest walking pack is on its way to you, including a link to download our free app.