- We will investigate all complaints about breaches of planning and listed building control.
- Complaints are logged and where applicable acknowledged by letter within three working days. The acknowledgement letter provides the complainant with the name of the investigating officer and a contact telephone number
- High priority will be assigned to cases involving unauthorised works to protected trees and listed buildings, which may result in immediate enforcement action being taken
- All complaints will be treated in confidence. The identity of the complainant will not usually be revealed unless consent is given to do so
- Anonymous complaints may receive a lower priority as we will be unable to contact the complainant for further information which may be needed to assist our enquiries
- We aim to advise all complainants of the outcome of our investigations and any action we propose to take to remedy the breach
- We will work together with our external partners to ensure that joint investigations are undertaken where it is known that a suspected breach may involve other regulatory agencies
- We will pass on complaints which fall within the province of other agencies to the relevant department
- We will liaise with the local authority building control department in monitoring new developments and checking compliance with planning conditions imposed on planning permissions.