We actively encourage links with local schools and colleges, and regard quality work placements as an important aspect of our community partnership work.
Each summer we welcome up to eight students from local schools for placements lasting between one and two weeks.
We believe work experience should enable students to:
- Learn and apply new skills
- Interact with adults in the workplace
- Find out about career options
- Have a positive introduction to the world of work.
Work programmes are planned following student interviews, and are likely to include:
- Shadowing of different officers (may involve some site visits in the Forest)
- Individual projects related to graphic design, press and publicity or website development
- Administration tasks
- Assisting Education Officers and Rangers
- Creating resources for education groups.
How to apply
We ask that students interested in carrying out their work experience with us send a letter of application and CV to Sue Palma, Education Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to: Education Officer, New Forest National Park Authority, Lymington Town Hall, Avenue Road, Lymington, SO41 9ZG