close x



There are several grants schemes open to landowners and land managers, contact us for support with applications.

National Trust Commons Small Grants Scheme

The Land Advice Service runs a grant scheme in partnership with the National Trust, funded by the National Trust’s Higher Level Stewardship scheme (HLS).

The scheme provides support for:

  • Applicants who are members of the Verderers Grazing Scheme (VGS) for the National Trust Commons, marking at the Commons rate
  • Applicants where grant support could enable them to fulfil the terms of the VGS (NT Commons).

Find out more here or view a map of the Northern Commons to see if you are eligible.

Countryside Stewardship (Natural England)

Countryside Stewardship provides incentives for land managers to look after their environment. It is open to all eligible farmers, woodland owners, foresters and other land managers.

Find out more and apply here.

New Forest Leader

New Forest Leader (external link)

Verderers Small Grant Scheme

Verderers of the New Forest (external link)

Hampshire County Council Rural Communities Fund

Hampshire County Council (external link)

Land Advice Service Manager


'We help commoners to continue their ancient way by providing grants, training and advice.'

Newsletter Image





Six free walking routes when you sign up for New Forest Newsletter

Key To Map

Choose the categories you would like to display on the map.