Proposed Main Modifications consultation (April – May 2019)
Following the conclusion of the Examination hearing sessions in March 2019, the Inspectors have invited the National Park Authority to consult on a schedule of proposed Main Modifications to the submitted New Forest National Park Local Plan 2016 – 2036 to make it ‘sound’.
The consultation on the proposed Main Modifications runs from Tuesday 16 April 2019 until 12 noon on Friday 31 May 2019. Representations may only be made in relation to the proposed Main Modifications and not on other parts of the Local Plan. Representations will be sent to the Inspectors for consideration in the preparation of their final report, due to be published later in 2019.
The schedule includes all the main modifications proposed since the publication of the Submission draft Local Plan in January 2018. The following documents have been made available during the 6-week consultation period:
- The Schedule of proposed Main Modifications
- Notice of Consultation & Statement of Representations Procedure
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum
- Habitat Regulations Assessment Addendum
- Amendments to the Policies Map to show the additional site allocation at Ashurst Hospital, and the deletion of the proposed housing site allocation at Calshot Village (formerly Policy SP26).
These documents are available for inspection at the National Park Authority offices, Lymington Town Hall, Avenue Road, Lymington, SO41 9ZG. Please use the response form to submit your representations, which should be:
- emailed to email@example.com; or
- posted to Policy Team, New Forest National Park Authority, Lymington Town Hall, Avenue Road, Lymington, SO41 9ZG
We have also prepared an informal track-changed version of the Local Plan to include all Main Modifications and Minor Modifications.
Minor Modifications (April 2019)
The Authority has also prepared a separate schedule of minor modifications, which are published for information only and are not subject to consultation.
Please see the following document Minor Modifications – April 2019.