close x

Surface water drainage

Surface water drainage

All planning applications for major developments (10 dwellings or more; or 1,000sqm non-residential floor space) are required to ensure that Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) are put in place for the management of surface water drainage and run-off.

Local Planning Authorities are required to ensure that the standards of operation of the SUDS are appropriate and ensure that there are clear arrangements in place for the on-going maintenance over the lifetime of the development.

A Surface Water Drainage Statement is required to be submitted with all major applications. More information on these requirements can be found in the Surface Water Consultation Checklist and by visiting the SUDS page on Hampshire County Council’s website.

National Park Member


'Read our guidance notes before applying to save yourself time in the long run.'

Newsletter Image





Six free walking routes when you sign up for New Forest Newsletter