Make yours a New Forest Marque ChristmasPUBLISHED ON: 21 NOVEMBER 2018
Gift-hunters in the New Forest are being encouraged to shop local this Christmas and make the most of the incredible produce on their doorstep.
Shoppers can support local trade and crafts people by stocking up on unique craft, food and drink from members of the New Forest Marque.
The New Forest Marque is the region’s leading authority on quality craftsmanship, food and drink. It is the sign of true, local produce that is guaranteed to have been produced in the New Forest.
Members of the Marque offer an impressive array of gifts, from beeswax to broomsticks, handcrafted furniture to fleeces, cuddly toys to indulgent food and drink.
Other gift ideas include:
- Bespoke hand-crafted guitar
- New Forest tartan goodies from dog collars to tote bags and waistcoats to flat caps
- Bespoke hampers filled with New Forest Marque produce
- Beautiful gift packs filled with luxurious skin care products
- Unique experiences – from bread making to willow weaving and brewery tours to cookery classes.
- Gift vouchers for dining or staying at local restaurants or hotels.
There are currently 150 New Forest Marque members with 11 new businesses joining this year. They produce a diverse range of gifts, from tartan to homeware, eco-friendly food wraps to handmade soap and skin care treats.
Marque members will be out at force at many Christmas markets, including:
- New Forest Christmas Fair at Exbury Garden: 24- 25 November and 2-3 December
- Shallowmead Nursery Christmas Fair: 8 December
- Ringwood Brewery Christmas Fare: 15 December.
It is not just gifts that can be bought locally for the festive season. Marque members can help decorate your home this festive season with local Christmas trees, wreathes and decorations, spiced candles and room fragrances.
Of course the festive season would not be complete without a traditional Christmas meal. From delicious starters of smoked trout and locally caught lobster to succulent locally reared meat that can be ordered in advance from Marque outlets. For pudding, there are plenty of cakes, pies and puddings using locally sourced ingredients.
Claire Lee, New Forest Marque Operations Manager, said: ‘This Christmas, the Marque is your one stop festive shop for delicious food and drink alongside beautifully crafted gifts and experience days and dining out – what more could you want?
‘Rather than being tempted by a toiletries gift pack and celebrity endorsed cookware, why not get a truly unique and special local gift this year? Support your local businesses while wowing your friends and family.’
For full listings and details of New Forest Marque members and where to buy local produce visit www.newforestmarque.co.uk.