Assistant Ranger trainee (Kickstart)
The New Forest National Park Authority is proud to be taking part in the new government-funded Kickstart Scheme. The scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds who are on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
You are only eligible to apply for a Kickstart role if:
- You are aged 16 to 24 years old
- You are claiming Universal Credit
- You have been allocated a Work Coach with Jobcentre Plus
If you meet all three criteria, please read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for two Assistant Ranger trainees to join our team. You will engage with Forest users, raising awareness of the National Park’s protected habitats and species and help reduce disturbance and negative impacts of recreation on them.
Your experience of dealing with members of the public, ideally within countryside management or outdoor events, will be key in delivering a programme of engaging activities to help people understand and protect the things that make the New Forest special.
- be passionate about helping protect the New Forest National Park
- have strong communication and inter-personal skills
- be outgoing, enthusiastic and enjoy working with the public
- have a valid driving licence
- be able to work regular evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- be committed to a career in countryside management or conservation
- ideally have knowledge of the natural and cultural heritage of the New Forest National Park
This placement is for six months starting in May and working 25 hours per week. It is based at our offices in Lymington (with periods of homeworking) but much time is spent working in and around the New Forest National Park.
If you would like to apply, please ensure you meet the Kickstart Scheme’s eligibility criteria set out above and the essential criteria set out in the role profile. Then contact your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus for a referral. Once referred, you can read through the application pack using the links to the right and complete and submit the application form. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 2pm on 13 April 2021
Interviews: 22 April 2021
For application queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01590 646637.
You can contact your Work Coach in the usual way – via email, phone or via your Universal Credit journal.