Our Green Action micro grants
If your school or group want to help more young people to connect, protect and enhance nature this year then we can help.
We have grants of up to £150 available for activities that achieve any of these aims:
- Connect – Improving people’s understanding of the state of the environment, the benefits a healthy environment can bring, and the effect of their actions on the natural world.
- Protect – Helping communities and business to reduce their impact on the environment through greener decision-making.
- Enhance – Inspiring people to enrich the environment, encouraging individuals and organisations to actively improve their local environment.
Applications are now open until 31 March 2019 – fill out the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the result of their application by 23 April.
We are particularly keen that children and young people have the chance to develop green actions so you have one month to help them develop their ideas and decide what they want to do. There are only three questions on our short application form so these can be answered by an adult or by the children themselves, but we do need an adult to provide their contact details. This will be the person we communicate with regarding the outcome of the application and who will be able to provide us with financial information upon award.
- Schools or organised groups must include young people and be based within the New Forest National Park. Schools and organised groups based outside the National Park boundary but include young people who live within the boundary are also eligible.
- Applications must be submitted by an adult, and schools and organised groups must have their own bank account. Payment will be made in advance and forwarded to the relevant bank account via BACS.
- Successful applicants need to agree to keep us informed of their progress, and take part in any promotional activity, if requested.