Vision and aims
Our vision for the Strategy is to:
‘Challenge, inspire, support, champion, share knowledge and experience to ensure equality for anyone accessing our services including our own staff.’
We recognise that as an Authority we have a substantial amount of work to do to meet our statutory obligations and we will go beyond the minimum requirements. We want consideration of diversity and equality issues to become a way of life in the organisation.
Through developing and implementing the Strategy we aim to:
- Achieve a better understanding of what the public want and need from the way we deliver our services
- Improve customer satisfaction with fewer complaints about diversity and equality issues
- Improve our recruitment processes to ensure opportunities are available to all
- Ensure flexible working is available to as many staff as possible
- Ensure equal pay for jobs of equal value
- Maximise the development and use of the talents of our staff.