Who does what

communities for web

In the main the landowners are responsible for managing the land. So, for example, the Forestry Commission is responsible for looking after nearly half the New Forest National Park area.

In the New Forest, the Court of Verderers manages the traditional activity of commoning - the rights under which some property owners are entitled to let their ponies, donkeys, cattle, pigs or sheep roam free.

Various public authorities are responsible for setting polices and providing public services in the National Park area. These include:

Contact details

Click on the logos for full contact details:

Forestry Commission logo
Hampshire County Council logo
Highways Agency logo
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust logo
New Forest District Council logo
National Trust logo
Verderers logo
Wiltshire Council logo


image-fade-right image-fade-left