New Forest Land Advice Service

Land Advice Service at Milford on Sea


There is a range of grants available to landowners and managers which fund different elements of the holding.

National Trust Commons Small Grants Scheme

The Land Advice Service runs a grant scheme in partnership with the National Trust, funded by the National Trust’s Higher Level Stewardship scheme (HLS).

The scheme provides support for:

  • Applicants who are members of the Verderers Grazing Scheme (VGS) for the National Trust Commons, marking at the Commons rate.
  • Applicants where grant support could enable them to fulfil the terms of the VGS (NT Commons).

Find out more here or view a map of the Northern Commons to see if you are eligible.

Countryside Stewardship (Natural England)

Countryside Stewardship provides incentives for land managers to look after their environment. It is open to all eligible farmers, woodland owners, foresters and other land managers.

Find out more and apply here.

New Forest Leader

New Forest Leader (external link)

Verderers Small Grant Scheme

Verderers of the New Forest (external link)

Hampshire County Council Small Grant Scheme

Hampshire County Council (external link)

  1. New Forest Land Advice Service
  2. Land management advice
  3. Grants (you are here)
  4. Training
  5. Matchmaking service
  6. Contractors
  7. Contact us


image-fade-right image-fade-left